Affordable Child Care with Celebree
As a parent, there’s nothing you wouldn’t do for your children. The term “affordable child care” however, is a relative one. Some families require more support than others, but we can all agree that giving your child the best possible care is a priority.
At Celebree School™, we are proud to partner with the state of Virginia to participate in the Child Care Subsidy Program. The Child Care VA Subsidy Program provides financial assistance with child care costs to eligible working families.
If you can answer yes to the following questions, you may qualify for Virginia Child Care Assistance:
- Are you a Virginia resident who is working, looking for work, in an approved training program or attending school?
- Does your income fall within the annual income guidelines?
- Is your child immunized to state standards or can you provide documentation supporting exemption?
- Do both parents live in the same household? If not, do you receive child support?
- Is your child a US citizen? A birth certificate or immigration documentation can serve as proof of ID for your child.
- Do you have proof of ID (government issued document) for all members within the household?
- Are you willing to provide a photo ID for head of household?
Now Even More Families are Eligible for Affordable Child Care
At Celebree School, we understand that for many families seeking high quality care for their infants, toddlers, and preschoolers, the cost of care can be challenging. We encourage all eligible families to take advantage of these affordable child care programs. That’s the good news.
The great news is that Virginia recently expanded the opportunities for families to provide top-tier early education for children by signing into action a new plan. The goal of this expansion is to help severely decrease costs and undeniably increase the number of children receiving the best education available.
With the new program, a family of four in a dual income household, can earn up to $70,000 and still remain eligible for affordable child care assistance. This is a significant increase from the previous income threshold which was around $30,000. The amount of assistance provided varies based on family size, income, and whether multiple incomes contribute to care, among other variables.
With the new program, a family of four in a dual-income household, can earn up to 85% of the State Median Income and still remain eligible for affordable child care assistance. The amount of assistance provided varies based on family size, income, and whether multiple incomes contribute to care, among other variables.
The state has made this process as straightforward as possible, so you may get started and approved quickly. Visit the Virginia Department of Education website’s Child Care Subsidy page to get started.
The most important part remains that more families and more children are eligible to receive the help they need with this affordable childcare advantage.