Toddler Day Care in Tysons, VA: Preventing Anxiety at Drop Off
The toddler stage is a time of wonder and amazing growth and milestones. It can also be a season when separation anxiety begins. If this is impacting drop off in the morning, what can you do? First, you need to ensure your child is in the right-fit toddler day care in the Tysons, VA area. Beyond that, here are some simple steps to make the morning transition more peaceful.
4 Tips for Easier Drop Off at Toddler Day Care
Whether your child has always had anxiety about separating, or it’s something that just started, it can cause a lot of stress every morning. Some ways to get a handle on the problem and make the drop off to day care easier include:
- Ending the day earlier. If your child isn’t getting enough sleep, it can lead to crankiness and crying. Try putting them to bed a little earlier and see if the mornings are more cheerful. Also, make sure there’s enough time for a healthy breakfast without rushing.
- Getting them excited. On the way to drop them off, get them ready for the day ahead. Talk about the fun things they might be doing, like going outside to play, coloring, or reading stories. When they’re more enthusiastic, dropping them off will be easier.
- Making sure you’re not lingering. When you drop them off, kiss and hug them, and then leave quickly. The longer you linger, the more chance there will be for tears and anxiety. In fact, it’s likely that once you’re gone, they will happily go about their day.
- Discussing it with their teacher. If drop off continues to be a problem, talk to their teacher. You might find out your child is fine once you leave, which will give you peace of mind. In addition, they can offer you other potential strategies to help, like giving your child a security object to hold, such as a toy, stuffed animal, or picture.
Find Out About Our Toddler Day Care in Tysons, VA
If, however, it’s clear your child isn’t happy during the day, then it’s time to make a move. At our toddler day care, Celebree School® of Tysons-Jones Branch provides a warm, nurturing environment with caring teachers and fun, colorful classrooms. Your child will enjoy coming here each day, seeing our smiling faces and open arms. They’ll also always be in a secure, safe setting, so you feel comfortable leaving them in our capable hands.
Our toddler day care program is available to families in:
- And throughout the surrounding area
Call (703) 663-4064 to set up a visit to our toddler day care in Tysons, VA.