Part Time Preschool in Tysons: Is My Child Ready?
More and more studies show that a good preschool program can boost your child’s academic success and social skills as they step into kindergarten. If your child is two, three, or four years old, this means making sure they’re ready and finding the right program. For some children, a part time preschool in the Tysons, VA area is the best choice. Here are some signs your child is a good candidate for that next step.
4 Key Areas to Focus on When Thinking About Part Time Preschool
If your child isn’t ready for a full day of preschool, yet they’re growing bored at home all the time, then a part time program can provide the best of both worlds. Your little one will be in a lively, stimulating, educational environment, surrounded by caring teachers and new friends. At the same time, you can opt for a program that best fits your child’s personality and development, as well as your family’s schedule.
Some signs to look for that your child is ready include:
- Independence. If your child is potty trained, able to wash their hands on their own, and can separate from you without too much anxiety, then preschool can be a great fit for them. They’ll be able to choose their own activity and play games with friends, growing in confidence as they do.
- Social skills. Does your child love to play with other kids? Are they able to interact without too much conflict? Can they follow directions from an adult? These are also good indicators that your child is ready.
- Communication. Your son or daughter should also be able to communicate clearly with an adult and other children, whether through words or signs. This doesn’t mean they need to be a chatter box. However, they should be able to answer simple questions and provide short answers.
- Concentration. Can your child sit and listen when you read a short book? Are they able to focus on a project, like coloring a picture on their own? In preschool, your child will need to be able to concentrate for a short period of time without getting distracted.
Find Out More About the Choice in Tysons for Part Time Preschool
A full time preschool isn’t always the right fit for every child or family. At Celebree School of Tysons-Jones Branch, we understand this, which is why we also offer our part time preschool program. We can get your child prepared for kindergarten on a schedule that best suits their needs and your family’s schedule.
Our part time preschool is available to families in:
- And throughout the surrounding area
Call (703) 663-4064 to schedule a visit to our part time preschool for Tysons, VA area families.