Mindfulness Resources for Children
- Mindfulness for Teachers: Simple Skills for Peace and Productivity in the Classroom by Patricia Jenning
- The Mindful Child by Susan Kaiser Greenland
- Have You Filled a Bucket Today? by Carol McCloud
- A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook, Bob Stahl, PhD and Elisha Goldstein, PhD
- Mindful Parent, Happy Child by Dr. Pilar Placone
- Mindfulness Based Programs by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Center for Mindfulness Videos
- Peace Out: Relaxation and Mindfulness Stories for Kids
Day Care Resources
7 Domains of Learning
Personal and Social Development
Children learn to develop healthy relationships with adults and their peers while cultivating a positive personal identity.
Children are taught to channel their natural curiosity to articulate questions and draw conclusions about the world around them.
This discipline focuses on numbers and their relationships, in addition to the geometric concepts that explain spatial awareness.
Language and Literacy
The basis of learning, this domain opens the door of communication through writing and drawing as well as grammar and comprehension.
This sphere examines societal relationships based on social structures and the connections between people and their communities.
An exploration into visual arts, music, dance and theater, this domain celebrates distinctive expression of emotions and ideas.
Physical Development and Health
Children are taught regard for health and nutrition in addition to the benefits of exercise to develop a strong mind and body.