Preschool Programs in Alexandria: Combining Education and Fun
Your preschooler is busy, active, and growing by leaps and bounds. At Celebree School® of Alexandria‘s preschool, we can harness that energy and enthusiasm as they prepare for kindergarten. We combine learning with play and fun in an engaging way. This keeps children motivated toward reaching milestones, so they can leap into kindergarten.
Our Preschool Programs Promote Kindergarten Readiness
Transitioning into kindergarten is a big step. There’s a lot to learn ahead of time, and that’s where we can help. Our center will feel like a second home for your child, all while providing the educational, hands-on activities, projects, and instruction they need to develop into a well-rounded, happy young learner.
During their time with us, we also place a big emphasis on developing self-help skills, growing in independence, and taking age-appropriate risks. This helps children become more confident in our caring hands, so they can build a solid foundation which to grow on. They’ll be ready to hit the ground running into the kindergarten classroom and on the playground.
Some of the specific areas we focus on include:
- Helping children build their vocabulary and strong language and communication skills.
- Teaching them the concept of opposites, early math and literacy, phonetic awareness, and other key skills.
- Instilling respect for others and cooperation and collaboration skills, so they have healthy relationships with their teachers and peers.
- Providing creative and fun opportunities for building gross and fine motor skills, both in the classroom and outside.
- Igniting your child’s imagination and putting their curiosity to use in our many activity centers.
About Celebree School of Alexandria’s Preschool Curriculum
Our curriculum has been developed by early childhood education professionals, yet is personalized to your child. We’ll get to know them, their unique learning style and interests, all so we can tailor our instruction and activities around their needs. This helps them remain engaged and motivates them to reach milestones with more confidence.
We also focus on the Seven Domains of Learning in our curriculum, so children are learning in a holistic way. This covers everything from mathematical and scientific thinking to self-help skills, socialization and other key areas. Through it, we will enable your child to develop cognitively, physically, emotionally, and socially, so they are prepared for that next step into kindergarten.
Call (703) 349-3998 today to learn more about our preschool, serving families in Alexandria, Huntington, Old Town West, Eisenhower East, Old Town North, and nearby areas in VA.