Toddler Day Care in Ferndale: Preventing Anxiety at Drop Off
There’s nothing worse than trying to drop your child off in the morning, only to have tears and tantrums ensue. The good news is that there are some ways to stop the chaos and make morning drop off easier. With the right toddler day care program in the Ferndale, MD area, plus some strategies, you can have sunny smiles in the morning and peace of mind, too. Here’s how.
5 Tips for Easier Drop-Off at Toddler Day Care
Keep in mind that separation anxiety during the toddler stage is common. So if you have a child that cries or clings, don’t take it personally. With some patience and the right steps, you can make the process of dropping off easier, including by:
- Putting them to bed earlier. If your child is cranky, then drop-off will never go well. It’s therefore important to make sure they have a good night’s sleep, a healthy breakfast, and time to prepare mentally for the day ahead.
- Getting to day care early. When you’re running late and trying to peel your crying child off you, surrounded by others, it’s stressful. Avoid a scene and get there early, talking to your son or daughter during the car ride about what a great day they will have, like playing outside or coloring.
- Talking to their teacher. If you’re having issues with drop off, talk to their teacher. Let them know what’s going on and discuss how to approach the situation. Many times, though, you’ll find out that as soon as you leave, the crying stops.
- Giving your child a security object. Whether it’s a toy or a blanket, ask their teacher if your child is allowed to bring something with them to hold. Oftentimes, this can make that morning transition go smoother.
- Remaining positive. Don’t yell or get angry or frustrated. This can lead to an escalation of the situation. Instead, stay upbeat and positive, drop them with the teacher quickly, and leave without lingering.
Find Out About Our Toddler Day Care in Ferndale
If your child’s teacher reports they remain upset during the day, it could be time for a change. Consider Celebree School® of Glen Burnie. With our toddler day care, available to families in the Ferndale area, we’re not simply a day care, but a place for your child to soar. We offer trained and experienced early childhood education professionals, a personalized curriculum, and a safe, secure setting, so your little one is at ease.
Our toddler day care program is available to families in:
- Glen Burnie
- BWI Airport/BWI Business District
- And throughout the surrounding area
Call Celebree School of Glen Burnie at (410) 412-5083 to set up a visit to our toddler day care in Ferndale, MD.