Preschool in Ferndale: Is My Child Ready?
You might be struggling with this question with your first-born child. Even if it’s your second or third, your son or daughter is unique and different from their siblings. So how can you tell if your little one is really ready to take that next big step – into a preschool in the Ferndale, MD area? The experts at Celebree School® of Glen Burnie offer some insight.
4 Key Areas to Focus on When Thinking About Preschool
Over the years, things have changed a lot. It used to be that children started preschool at age four to prepare them for kindergarten. Today, though, some start as early as two years old, including ours.
If you’re trying to determine if your child is ready, there are some areas to evaluate first to determine whether this is the next right step for your son or daughter. For instance:
- Talk to others. Bring your spouse, pediatrician, and other caregivers into the conversation. This isn’t a decision you need to make alone and should discuss the situation with others who spend time with your child.
- Assess their independence. For many programs in the Ferndale area, being potty trained is a requirement. If your child isn’t even close yet, then perhaps they need more time. Other areas to evaluate include their ability to wash hands on their own and eat lunch independently.
- Think about attention span. Attending will require your child to work on projects, like arts and crafts, as well as collaborate with their peers. If your child can easily focus and work independently, as well as with other children, then this could be an ideal fit for them.
- Evaluate their schedule and stamina. If your child keeps a regular routine, whether due to spending time with grandparents or another caregiver, then they’re a good candidate. Also, if they have the ability to remain busy for a full day or at least a half-day, with breaks and a nap at lunch, then preschool is a great next step to consider.
Find Out More About Ferndale Area’s Choice for Preschool
Celebree School of Glen Burnie offers programs for families in Ferndale, Linthicum, and nearby areas that are designed to prepare children for kindergarten. We take a holistic approach, focusing on areas including cognition, emotional growth, socialization, and physical development. We’ll ensure your little one is having fun and learning, so they’re well-equipped for the kindergarten year ahead.
We welcome children from ages two to four in:
- Glen Burnie
- BWI Airport/BWI Business District
- And throughout the surrounding area
Call Celebree School of Glen Burnie at (410) 412-5083 to schedule a visit to our preschool for Ferndale, MD area families.