Preschool Programs in Ellicott City: Combining Education and Fun
As a parent, you want your child in a place where they can learn and grow – and you can celebrate – as you watch them progress. You’ll find it at Celebree School® of Ellicott City. As one of Ellicott City, MD’s top choices for preschool programs, we’ve created an environment where children feel secure to explore the world around them, learn at their own speed and confidently prepare for kindergarten.
Our programming offers a unique combination of creativity, fun and instruction, so your child can master the skills they will need in a safe place where they’re fully engaged and encouraged. This helps them to build self-assurance and self-respect as they work up to that first exciting day of kindergarten.
Through Celebree School of Ellicott City’s preschool programs, some specific areas you’ll watch your child learn and grow in include:
- Literacy and mathematics
- Cooperation and communication
- Gaining more independence
Our Ellicott City Preschool Programs Promote Kindergarten Readiness
It seems like just yesterday your child was an infant and then a toddler. Now, with Celebree School of Ellicott City’s preschool programs, more structure will be added to their day as they begin the transition to becoming an independent learner. Our educators start with an evaluation to identify where your child is developmentally, so our team can plan accordingly. We’ll then focus on helping your child to:
- Develop fine and gross motor skills through a variety of activities, from arts and crafts to play.
- Build language and literacy skills through group activities in class.
- Develop phonetic awareness in areas such as math, science, and the concept of opposites.
- Learn self-help skills while enhancing language and social skills.
- Explore, create and imagine through a variety of activity centers.
- Strengthen age-appropriate social skills and gain more self-confidence.
Celebree School of Ellicott City’s preschool programs are offered to two, three, four, and five-year-olds and adhere to the Maryland Early Learning Standards and the Delaware Child Care Act for Early Care and Education. Throughout our curriculum, we use the Work Sampling System and the creation of individual portfolios to keep track of your child’s development. When they turn three and through Pre-K, we’ll also start to document and monitor their progress in the Seven Domains of Learning.