Preschool in Columbia: Combining Education and Fun
The preschool years are filled with milestones. Make sure your child develops a solid foundation on which to grow, all in the right environment. At Celebree School® of Columbia-North, we offer a preschool setting that combines play time and fun with enriching and meaningful educational experiences. This helps children thrive once they’re ready to make the leap into kindergarten.
Our Preschool Programs in Columbia, MD Promote Kindergarten Readiness
Our programs focus on kindergarten readiness. This includes adding structure to your child’s day, so they’re well prepared for the rigors of kindergarten. It also includes going beyond academic abilities to helping them grow physically, socially, emotionally, and beyond. They’ll be well-rounded and ready to bound happily into kindergarten.
We also place a big emphasis on enabling children to learn at their own pace. This builds a sense of comfort and capability that leads to self-confidence. We even personalize our lessons and activities around each child, so they are learning in a way that is most appropriate for them. As a result, children feel secure and happy in our hands, exploring, sharing, making new connections, and growing.
Throughout their experience in our preschool, the teachers at Celebree School of Columbia-North will monitor their progress and milestones. We do so by giving families a Quarterly Progress Report, so you can see your child’s development and compare growth across quarters. Once they turn three, we also start to keep a formal working sampling to monitor and assess their milestones. This helps us to ensure they are ready for kindergarten.
About Our Curriculum for Preschoolers
Our curriculum is unique and combines the Seven Domains of Learning with STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics). It also follows the Maryland Early Learning Standards.
Children are able to expand their knowledge base, gain key skills needed in kindergarten, and learn to think critically and logically too. In the process, they also develop:
- Healthy habits for life, including self-help skills, the ability to follow instructions, and learning to take care of their belongings.
- Age-appropriate fine and gross motor skills they’ll need in the classroom and on the playground.
- Positive social skills that enable them to make friends and cooperate with both peers and adults.
- Phonetic awareness, early literacy, early writing, comprehension, and communication.
- Early math concepts, like patterns, counting and spatial awareness, as well as scientific thinking skills, from asking questions to finding solutions.
- The ability to express themselves creatively in many ways, from visual arts, like poetry and painting, to music, dance, and more.
Ready to find out more about our educational setting? Call (410) 670-7982 today to learn more about our preschool, serving families in Columbia and nearby areas in MD.