Preschool in Reisterstown: Is My Child Ready?
Deciding whether your child is ready for preschool can be a difficult choice. If you’re uncertain, how can you make the right decision? Celebree School® of Owings Mills can help. As preschool professionals in the Reisterstown, MD area, we know there are some specific signs your child is a good candidate to take that next big step. Here’s what to look for.
4 Key Areas to Focus on When Thinking About Preschool
Starting preschool too early can lead to stress and unhappiness in your child. If you’re unsure whether your child is ready, look for some of these indicators that they are prepared:
- Concentration. Can your child concentrate for a period of time? Being able to focus on projects, independently and with other children, is a regular part of school. This includes arts and crafts, outdoor games and activities, and listening while a teacher is reading a short book.
- Independence. While your child will be getting plenty of help at school, they should also be potty trained and able to feed themselves on their own. In addition, they should be able to choose their own activity or play games with other children without constant direction from an adult.
- Socialization. Social skills are one of the best signs your child is ready for preschool. If they like being with other kids and are able to spend time away from you without anxiety, then they could be ready.
- Stamina. The school day can be a long one for little ones. They will get a lunch break and nap. However, your child should be ready to ditch the mid-morning nap to be successful in preschool. There are also half-day options to consider if that’s a better fit for your child.
Find Out More About Reisterstown’s Choice for Preschool
If you’re looking for caring teachers, a fun, engaging curriculum, and a safe environment, turn to Celebree School of Owings Mills. We offer all this and more, so we can prepare your child for that next step into kindergarten.
Our programs are open to children ages 2-4 in:
- Owings Mills
- And throughout the surrounding area
Call (410) 517-6096 to schedule a visit to our preschool for Reisterstown, MD area families.