Toddler Day Care in Russett: Preventing Anxiety at Drop Off
If the morning drop off feels like a nightmare, it can ruin your entire day as you worry about your child. However, when you find the right toddler day care program in the Russett, MD area and take a few simple steps, you can make the process simpler and less stressful for everyone. Here are some tips to get you started.
4 Tips for Easier Drop Off at Toddler Day Care
Separation anxiety is common at the toddler age, whether it’s always been a problem or has recently come on quickly. Some ways to make it through this phase when it’s affecting morning drop off include:
- Making sure evening bedtime is early enough. If your child doesn’t get a good night’s sleep, it will impact their ability to cope and can lead to a meltdown during drop off. Strive for an earlier bedtime, so your toddler wakes up better rested.
- Giving yourself enough time. If your mornings are rushed, your child will pick up on your stress. Instead, make sure there’s enough time to wake up properly and give your toddler a healthy breakfast. Also, talk to them about their day ahead on the car ride there. Get them excited about arts and crafts, music, or play time outside.
- Asking about a security object. Another way to help your toddler is by giving them a security object to hold, such as a toy, blanket, or stuffed animal. Ask their teacher first if this is allowed. If it is, it can give them the boost they need to go into school with more confidence.
- Talking to their teacher. Reach out to their teacher and ask about your child and the morning routine. You might find out they stop crying as soon as you leave. This is often the case at this age, which is why it’s important to quickly exit every morning.
Find Out About Our Toddler Day Care in Russett
If your child remains unhappy throughout the day, it might be time to consider another toddler day care program in the Russett or Laurel area. Put Celebree School® of Laurel on your list. We offer everything from a team of early childhood education professionals to a personalized curriculum and plenty of attention and nurturing. Your child will be in warm, caring hands, having fun, making friends, and gaining new skills.
Our toddler day care program is open to families from throughout:
- Maryland City
- Carriage Hill
- And in other nearby areas
Call Celebree School of Laurel at (301) 356-9126 to set up a visit to our toddler day care in Russett, MD.