When it’s not clear-cut, deciding whether your child is ready for preschool can be tricky. You don’t want to enroll them too late, leading to missed opportunities. However, sending them too early can cause stress and frustration. So, how can you tell if now’s the time for a preschool in Ashburn, VA? Here are a few signs to look for.
4 Signs Your Child is Ready for Preschool
There are many indicators that your child is ready for preschool. A few top ones include:
- Sign #1: They can concentrate. Your child should be able to spend time alone, playing independently, sitting still and listening to a short story, or completing a certain task or activity. Tasks in preschool are usually 15-20 minutes long. They should also be able to separate from you for a period of time with relative ease.
- Sign#2: They are potty trained. Your child will need to be able to use the potty and wash their hands independently in a school setting. While accidents can certainly happen, they should be able to go on their own most of the time. If they can’t, this can create anxiety since other children aren’t in diapers.
- Sign #3: They can interact with other children. Some kids are quiet and like one-on-one time with friends, while others thrive in large groups. Wherever your child falls, they should like to socialize and interact with other kids for a successful day at school. They should also be able to share, compromise, and get along in a group setting.
- Sign #4: They can handle a school day. Whether you enroll your child in a full-time or part-time program, they’ll need to be able to make it through their day without getting angry or cranky. This means ditching the mid-morning nap.
Learn More About Our Preschool at Celebree School of Ashburn Farm
If you’re ready to find out more if our school is the right place for your child, we invite you to visit our school. You can see teachers in action, explore our classrooms, ask questions, and get to know more about our curriculum and program.
Our school is open to children from ages 2-4 in:
- Ashburn Farm
- And throughout the surrounding area